Do you have a dashcam? If yes, then you need a micro SD card. But which one is the best? The SanDisk High Endurance Micro SD card is a great option to consider. Read on for all the information about this card.
Types of SD-Cards Used in Dashcams
There are three main types of micro SD cards used to store digital information: SDHC, SDXC and MicroSD.
-SDHC stands for Secure Digital High Capacity. Toshiba and SanDisk introduced this memory chip in 1999. Each SD card holds approximately 2 GB for reading/writing speed of up to 40 MB/s. The maximum number of cards per device is 32.
– SDXC stands for Secure Digital Extended Capacity. SanDisk launched this card back in 2009. Each SD card holds approximately 2 GB for reading/writing speed of up to 40 MB/s. The maximum number of cards per device is 256.
– MicroSD stands for Micro Secure Digital. Panasonic and SanDisk introduced it in 2000. Each SD card holds approximately 2 GB for reading/writing speed of up to 30 MB/s. The maximum number of cards per device is 64.
Microsd Card. What Is It & Where Is It Used?
Micro SD card is one of the most sought-out accessories among card users and retailers. They are small and portable and can easily be taken in a wallet or pocket. You can insert them into your phone to ensure you have enough space for your pictures, music and videos.
The micro SD card is a mini external memory device that retrieves data from your mobile phone or tablet. The data can then be transferred to a computer for storage and sharing. This card is also affordable and accessible from local electronics markets or an accessory-oriented computer store.
Apart from the features discussed, this versatile card can also be used in different devices, namely cameras, PCs and videocams. This is mostly because it has a high storage capacity. Also, it can be used to transfer data within one device and from one device to another. This is not possible with the other cards.
Usually, the micro SD cards use the same technology as regular SD cards. But they vary in the brand name and the size of their storage capacity. The data-retrieval speed is also different. In addition, some have an adapter to connect the card to a digital camera or a camcorder.
Why Do People Use a Microsd Card for Their Dashcam?
There are many reasons why using a MicroSD card:
1. The speeds are faster than the old SD cards.
2. They are compact and lightweight.
3. Each card comes with durability and can withstand harsh conditions, including resistance to abrasion as compared to previous memory cards.
4. This card has a longer life cycle than regular SD cards.
5. The cost of the memory card used is low, especially when compared to other types of cards used for dashcam usage like the 8GB SDHC card, which is $10 more expensive on average than a microSD card. The price per gigabyte is also lower for a micro SD card.
6. This card is extremely durable compared to other kinds of memory cards used in dashcams.
7. It has a high storage capacity and entails quick transferring speeds and easy installation.
Sandisk High Endurance Micro SD Card
The SanDisk High Endurance Micro SD card is an original design that is built to last. The card can withstand several formats, as well as up to 100,000 read/write cycles.
Large files and applications can easily be stored in this chip and then inserted into any device that has a MicroSD port. This card is compatible with most smart devices and can be used for a long period of time.
This SanDisk High Endurance Micro SD card can function up to 100MB/s. This speed makes it easy for users to transfer files from their mobile devices or other memory card devices. Moreover, the video you recorded will be available almost instantly for review on your phone or tablet after transferring the file from the dashcam.
Features of Sandisk Micro SD Card
1. Speed Rating: Class 10, SDHC compliant
2. Capacity: 32GB
3. Technology: UHS-I Compliant (U1)
4. Endurance Rating: Up to 100MB/s read and write speed for recording Full HD video
5. Durability Rating: Up to 100,000 cycles
6. Wireless Connectivity: Wi-Fi Certified (ISO/IEC 18092)
7. Structure: 8-Layer Flash
8. Card Dimension: 0.59in x 0.43in x 0.04in (15mm x 11mm x 1.0mm)
9. Interface: SD Memory Card x1
10. Operating Temperature: -13ºF to 185ºF (-25°C to 85°C)
Comparison With Other Memory Cards
1. SanDisk High Endurance Micro SD Card vs. Sony Micro SD card
Sony is one of the leading companies in making memory cards. Their Sony Micro SD card is a good option for dashcam usage. It has a speed rating of U1 and a capacity of 32GB. In addition, it is waterproof up to a depth of 10 meters. However, the SanDisk High Endurance Micro SD card is cheaper and provides a faster data retrieval speed.
2. SanDisk High Endurance Micro SD Card vs. Transcend Micro SD card
Transcend is also one of the leading brands in the electronics market. Their Transcend Micro SD card is a good option for dashcam usage. It has a speed rating of U3 and a capacity of 32GB. The data retrieval speed is 90 MB/s. However, the SanDisk High Endurance Micro SD Card is more affordable, which is a huge advantage.
3. SanDisk High Endurance Micro SD Card vs. Samsung Micro SD card
The Samsung Micro SD card is fast and durable like its counterpart. On the other hand, the SanDisk High Endurance Micro SD card is better because it has a higher storage capacity of 32GB. Also, this SanDisk model has a better read/write speed of 100MB/s compared to 30MB/s by the Samsung model.
Compatibility of Sandisk Micro SD Card With Other Devices
SanDisk is compatible with
SanDisk is compatible with a dashcam as it has a high storage capacity. It can be easily installed and used to record video or capture pictures. It comes with a 1-year warranty and is sold at affordable prices for its high quality.
2) Digital Cameras
The SanDisk High Endurance Micro SD card can be used for external memory in digital cameras. Like the dashcam, it has a high storage capacity and works perfectly with most devices with a memory card slot. In addition, this card is waterproof up to a depth of 10 meters, which means it can withstand harsh conditions, including water damage.
3) Mobile Device
SanDisk Micro SD card can be used with a mobile device and other electronic devices. The Micro SD card comes with an adapter, making it possible to transfer files from one device to another.
4) Other devices
There are other SD-compatible devices that you could use this card with, such as a drone, GoPro camera, or digital camera.
Popular Micro SD Cards on Market
1) SanDisk Ultra Micro SD Card
The SanDisk Ultra Micro SD card is a high-performance card that can be used for external storage. It comes with a durable design to withstand harsh conditions like water and dust. It has a fast speed rating for faster data retrieval.
2) Samsung EVO Plus Micro SD Card
The Samsung EVO Plus Micro SD card has a speed rating of UHS-I, which makes it better than previous models. It also has faster read and write speeds compared to other card-oriented brands. The card supports up to 80MB/s for faster data retrieval.
This type of microSD card is also one of the most popular on Amazon because of its high speed and better storage capacity. It’s ideal for those who want to use the card with their dashcam and a tablet or cellphone.
3) Transcend High Endurance Micro SD Card
If you want a faster read/write speed, then the Transcend High Endurance Micro SD card is right for you. It also has a high storage capacity of up to 64GB, which means it can hold all your pictures, videos, as well as personal data safely and securely until you transfer it to your computer.
Which is the best Micro SD card for a dashcam?
The SanDisk High Endurance 32GB Micro SD card is a great investment and works perfectly with most devices. Moreover, this card has a high-speed rating for faster data transfer. So, you won’t need to worry about missing important moments because of video record delays.
The SanDisk High Endurance 32GB Micro SD card is a perfect choice for those who are looking for a great deal and can order one from Amazon or directly from the manufacturer’s website. Also, this card is certified waterproof and does not require additional software or cables to be connected.
If you are looking for a cheaper option, then the Samsung EVO Plus 64GB is another good choice. You can also use the card on most devices that have a memory card slot. This model comes with a U1 rating so that you can expect higher performance with less data loss compared to other brands. Its speed rating is 60MB/s.
Do You Need a Specific Card for Dashcams?
Yes. If you want a card capable of withstanding harsh conditions and can last for a long time, then consider getting a dashcam-compatible micro SD card. Dashcams require external memory to store video footage and pictures, and micro cards can come in handy for this purpose. However, other factors are to be considered.
1) The SDHC class cards are faster than the SD cards, especially in U1 speed. This means that the card reader will be able to retrieve files faster compared to the standard ones.
2) UHS Class SD cards have a higher storage speed than normal memory cards, but they’re usually more expensive. These cards are commonly used for busy and fast-paced activities like shooting videos in 4K or photographing high-resolution photos.
3) Class 10 cards are the ones that have the best read-write speed. However, they’re also more expensive than other versions. This is because they have a smaller capacity and can store a lot of information in the same amount of space as other cards.
4) There are four classes of speed for SD cards. Class 4 is the slowest, and Class 10 is the fastest. So if you want a fast card, choose one with a class of at least 10 (like the SanDisk Ultra Micro SD card, which has a read/write speed of 90MB/s).
5) The high-end dashcams usually use UHS-I cards or UHS-II cards. These types of cards are very durable and can read and write files faster.
6) The selection of the card depends on you. If you want optimum performance and durability, then go for UHS-1 and UHS-II type of card. Or, if you are searching for a quick data transfer-oriented card, then go for a high-speed UHS-II or Class 10 card. With the right Micro SD card, you will experience optimal performance and uninterrupted recording of the videos and images taken by your dashcam.
Micro SD cards are no longer just personal flash drives. They have been around for several years and are in the process of development, improving storage and enhancing efficiency with an increase in technology-oriented gadgets.
With this in mind, it becomes necessary for us to choose the best SD card for the dashcam on the market. There are several different types of cards, and we have to consider which one will use our dashcam. We must also remember that performance is not everything since durability is also crucial if we wish our dashcams to work well. The SanDisk High Endurance Micro SD Card would be a good choice as it has all of the features you look for.
Q. Are dashcams compatible with SD cards?
A. Yes, dashcams use SD cards. It doesn’t matter which type of SD card you choose since all of them are compatible with dashcams. However, if you’re looking for the best card for your dashcam, then you can choose the SanDisk Ultra MicroSD card because of its speed rating and storage capacity.
Q. Do I need to buy a separate SD card for each camera?
A. Not really. All dashcams these days use the same type of SD card. You can use any SD card that’s fast enough for your camera.
Q. What is the difference between UHS-I and UHS-II cards?
A. Both types of micro SD cards are similar, but they have different speeds and capacities. The UHS-I cards are faster and have higher capacities, while the UHS-II cards possess slower speed ratings. You can check which class of speed your card has when you see the initials “U” followed by a number (e.g., U3, U1, etc.).
Q. Which is the best SD card for a dashcam?
A. While all SD cards are compatible with dashcams, the SanDisk Ultra MicroSD card has a higher speed rating. It’s also certified waterproof and can withstand water, shocks, and x-rays. In addition, it comes with an 8-year limited warranty.